22nd December 2021
Bolsover Voluntary and Community Sector Engagement Trainee Vacancies
Hours: 25 hours per week
Salary: £9.50 per hour (£12,350 per year which for a full time post is equal to £18,525 per year)
Contract Term: Initially a 6-month fixed term contract with extension subject to funding
Reporting to: BCVS Bolsover Team Lead
General Role Description
The Bolsover VCSE Engagement Trainees will be new ‘on the ground’ posts supported through the Kickstart programme. As such these posts are only open to young people age 18 to 24 in receipt of Universal Credit.
The posts will focus on group engagement including working with new and established voluntary and community groups and local community members. The post holders will work remotely throughout the District of Bolsover from local community-based locations to support the growth and development of VCS organisations and to raise awareness of the support that BCVS and Bolsover Together can provide.
As such, the roles require applicants with experience or knowledge of one or more of the local towns or wards within the Bolsover district and an interest in working with the VCSE sector, good inter-personal skills, and the ability to build professional relationships with community organisations and members.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and in particular those that are currently under represented in our workforce.
We will provide training and support to enable you to develop your employment skills and experience for a career in the voluntary sector. Many skills that will be developed are also transferable to the public sector as a potential future employer.
Essential skills and experience:
- An interest in working in the voluntary and community sector
- Basic ICT and PC skills in relation to MS Office programs as well as social media and website posts and updates (however training will also be provided)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a small flexible team within a wider non-hierarchical environment
- A willingness to work flexibly within the total number of hours per week as determined by local priorities
- Proactive commitment to Sustainability, Inclusion, Diversity and Equality
- Willingness to use public transport if no access to a car. In this case, a Bus pass or equivalent will be provided.
Applicants need to apply through their local job centre by 31st January 2022, however please contact Matthew Enticott, BCVS Office Coordinator on T: 01909 476118 ext 13 or E: email@example.com if you would like to find out more before submitting an application.