NHS Bassetlaw CCG - Covid-19 Vaccination in Bassetlaw - 12th February
This briefing is designed to keep you up to date with the roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine in Bassetlaw.
The NHS and its partners across Bassetlaw have been working hard to develop safe and effective ways to deliver the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme across the district. Most vaccines for patients in Bassetlaw are being provided by local GP Primary Care Networks.
All 3 GP Primary Care Networks (PCNs) in Bassetlaw are well underway vaccinating the first four priority cohorts in line with national guidance. These are:
• Residents in care homes for older adults and care staff
• Over 80s and front line health and care staff
• Over 75s
• Over 70s and clinically exceptional vulnerable individuals
We would now like to invite anyone within the above cohort who has NOT already received a COVID-19 vaccination, or already had an invitation from their GP PCN, to book an appointment.
Eligible people can book appointments via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/. Alternatively bookings can be made by calling the national booking centre on the free number 119 where they can choose a time slot and location that suits them.
The NHS will also be following up directly with the remaining people in these groups by phone and letter, particularly those on the Shielded Patients List.
We urge those who are over 70yrs and have not yet received their vaccination to book in as soon as possible.
Local people in the high priority groups can still choose to wait to be invited by a GP PCN in Bassetlaw.
GP PCNs will contact them directly to offer a suitable and convenient slot to receive their vaccine dependent upon availability. We would encourage anyone who isn’t already registered with a local GP PCN to contact their local GP practice so that they can help you get a vaccination.
It remains very important that patients attend their appointment at the allocated date/time as the programme is not a drop-in service.
How you can help?
NHS staff are doing an incredible job to deliver what it is the largest vaccination programme in our history, at the same time as dealing with high levels of Covid-19 hospital patients, but we also need the public to continue to play their part too by following the simple guidance below:
• please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine unless you are in this group, we will contact you when it is the right time;
• When you receive your letter, please act quickly to book your appointment.
• when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments at exactly the time you’re asked to, so that we can avoid queues in cold weather;
• and whether you have had your vaccine or not, please continue to follow all the guidance in place such as Hands Face Space to control the virus and save lives