23rd December 2021
Head of Marketing and Communications
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Term: 2 year fixed term contract with extension subject to funding
Reporting to: BCVS CEO
Responsible for: up to 3 staff
Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Service is seeking a Head of Marketing and Communications to develop our brand, marketing and communications strategies, and to build awareness of our services and impact across Bassetlaw and Bolsover. This is a new post and we need a strategic thinker who can clearly articulate our ‘why’, the difference we make, and who is also happy to gets hands on with content development.
We have a new CRM and website, with external technical support, and which needs further work on content and function to reflect and inform strategic and operational use. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading analysis of relevant web analytics, LMI and VCSE data to inform work
- Leading development and application of BCVS brand refresh
- Leading development and implementation of Marketing and Communications strategies and action plans to support the BCVS business plan
- With the CEO, leading identification and development of campaigns needed to implement above strategies
- Lead review of existing channels with establishment and management of new channels as appropriate to reach diverse new audiences
- Line management of up to 3 staff in first instance
- Visibly embedding sustainability, inclusion, diversity and equality in BCVS marketing and communications
- Creation of case studies, award nominations and other content as required
- Commission and manage marketing procurement and design agencies where specialist work required
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and in particular those that are currently under represented in our workforce. We have a hybrid working policy and offer flexibility as appropriate to the role.
Click on the attachments below to download the application pack (including job description and person specification). All applications should be submitted on the BCVS Application Form and emailed to Matthew Enticott on Please note, CVs will NOT be accepted or considered for the post.
For more information, please refer to the job description and person specification or contact Andria Birch, CEO, on 01909 476118.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 24th January 2022
Interview Date: Friday 28th January 2022