22nd December 2021
The Aurora Wellbeing Centre in Bassetlaw has been commissioned by the Retford & Village Primary Care Network (PCN) to recruit a Health and Wellbeing Cancer Coach. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to become part of the multi-disciplinary Personalised Care Team partnership, and to provide 1:1 support to newly diagnosed cancer patients.
Are you an empathic, caring, and experienced professional who is passionate to support the wellbeing of individuals in the local community? Your listening skills, compassionate nature & coaching expertise will be utilised in one-to-one assessments with recently diagnosed patients to help establish their needs. Your resilience will enable you to work effectively with the PCN’s 5 GP practices and Aurora to support patient wellbeing and pathways, through signposting to appropriate services and undertaking individual and group activities.
Hours: F/T 37.5 hours a week (Fixed term contract for 12 months)
Base: Retford & Village GP practices and Aurora, The Old Library Building Worksop
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide 1:1 personalised assessments to support individuals with a cancer diagnosis, through a holistic person centred approach.
- To work closely with Aurora, GPs, practice teams and voluntary sector colleagues to manage and prioritise a caseload. Communicating effectively and efficiently to ensure appropriate support is available to people with cancer, their families, and carers. Where required and as appropriate, you will refer people back to other health professionals within the PCN.
- Coach and motivate patients to identify their needs, set goals, and help support them to achieve their personalised objectives.
- The post holder will work autonomously and as part of a team and have the ability to navigate the various clinical tools and data capture systems across the PCN.
- Ability to travel across Bassetlaw (and occasionally to other areas when necessary), driving licence and use of own vehicle is required for this role.
Please see the job description and person specification for further details
The closing date for applications will be Friday 14th January 2022
If you require any further information or to discuss the role further, please call Emma Walker on 07947353501 or to request an application pack please call Rachelle Hocking on 01909470985 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, call in at the Wellbeing Centre, The Old Library, Memorial Avenue, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2BJ