IMPROVING THE HEALTH AND WELLBEING OF BASSETLAW RESIDENTS THROUGH SUPPORTED
ACCESS AND NAVIGATION INTO LOCAL SERVICES AND SUPPORT GROUPS
The Community Advisor is a specialist with a wealth of knowledge and experience about services across Bassetlaw, helping individuals to access non-medical support services from voluntary organisations and community groups.
Anyone over the age of 16 who is registered with a Bassetlaw GP can access this service.
You can ask at your GP Reception when the Community Advisor will be visiting your local surgery or contact us directly here at BCVS.
The Community Advisor will discuss with the individual how one of the many voluntary or community services may help them improve their health and wellbeing alongside any existing medical treatment.
The Community Advisor can help you to:
- Identify groups which may offer additional support to help you understand and manage your medical condition
- Access community social groups by giving you a named contact and specific group information
- Access benefits, debt and welfare advice
- Address loneliness and isolation issues by encouraging participation with local activity group
- Access information and advice on a wide range of services for the whole family
Your Community Advisor will be able to identify suitable support options and they will afford the time to find contact details of the leaders of groups and services to make the access as smooth as possible.
There are several ways to make contact with the Community Advisor:
You can ring the Community Advisor direct for telephone advice. The Community Advisors are available Monday to Friday on 01909 476118 Ext 24 or Ext 25, or click here to download our leaflet.
You may also email the Community Advisors at any time on:
The response time for this service is within 5 working days.
Community Advisor is part of Bassetlaw Social Prescribing Services.
Helping you to access services in your community.